More info

For more information on how to bill Chiropractic Medicare please visit

Thank you for your interest!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quitting Medicare

First of all, you must understand that if you continue to provide the payable service of 98940, 98941 or 98942 to any patient that has Medicare coverage, you cannot "Quit" or disassociate yourself from the Medicare Program. 

The only way to avoid the Medicare rules is to provide your covered services for "free" to the Medicare patient, or refer them to other offices that accept Medicare. If you have a Medicare Provider Number, that means you signed a contract giving you privilege to provide Chiropractic adjustments for Medicare consumers, and that you will know and follow all Medicare guidelines.

Chiropractors cannot "OPT-OUT" of Medicare.  You can either adjust Medicare patients and follow the guidelines or provide "free" adjustments or not adjust Medicare patients. How do you get out of paying taxes? You don't. Remember: Medicare is a U. S. Government Program.  Do it correctly or don't do it at all!

If you are correcting vertebral subluxations that is a covered service in Medicare. When you provide a covered service, you must bill Medicare in a reasonable amount of time, one year or less.  Both participating and non-participating providers must collect the 20 % not paid by Medicare, from your patient or their supplemental insurance.  It is against the law to practice "NO out of pocket expenses" with Medicare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.