October 22, 2012
Learn, Compliance, Paperless & Attestation
Now is not the time to procrastinate! If you plan on being in Chiropractic practice in 2015....listen up! You have a choice. Either get with it or get ready to retire!
Now that I have your attention, here are the steps necessary to wade through this Medicare process. The process is not as extreme as first impression.
- Learn the correct way to do Chiropractic Medicare. If you do not do Medicare correctly, all else will not be effective. If you have attended our presentation or have our Chiropractic Medicare DVD & booklet, review the DVD and start doing Medicare correctly.
- The Federal law says we must become Medicare Compliant. Follow this link: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Contracting/MedicareContractingReform/Downloads/compliance.pdf They provide seven (7) categories we must respond to by creating a Medicare Compliance Program and procedures in your practice.
- Electronic Billing and Going Paperless
- Nearly all Chiropractic offices are billing Medicare electronically. If you are not, you are going to be left behind and soon will be cut in Medicare reimbursement. Call your Medicare carrier, ask the carrier to help you bill electronically and follow their guidelines. Do not put it it off another day.
- Going paperless is fabulous as long as you have a good Chiropractic software in your practice. I use Chirotouch software. This software leads you through the process of becoming paperless. I have to say, after doing written notes for forty-four (44) years, it is absolutely great to make a few clicks on the computer and not only have S.O.A.P. notes completed, but also produce "Documentation" by Federal Standards for Medicare, PI, etc.
- Attestation: Once you have used and learned the software and follow the specific programs in the software, you will be ready to "attest" as to following the guidelines of a paperless practice. The government will now pay you an incentive dollar amount in direct proportion as to the number of Medicare visits you have. Learn more about the EHR Incentive Program. Remember....only the use of Certified EHR (those that meet specific federal standards for Meaningful Use) can qualify for incentive payment. Do you know if your software is qualified? Follow this link: http://oncchpl.force.com/ehrcert
Give Dr. Street a call today at (618) 395-3800.